General Education and Monitoring Agency
Organises the development and administration of:
- national standardized tests
- final examinations
- national external school leaving examinations
- marking of the national school leaving examination papers
- statistical processing
- analysis of the results
- the development of the national curriculum for general education
- compilation of methodological and other resource materials supporting the implementation of the national curriculum
- the setting of proficiency examinations in Estonian as a second language, marking of the papers and analysis of the results.
- Evaluates curricula of school providing general education; provides consultationon the school curricula
- Prepares draft versions of the legal acts related to the tasks of the department and publications
- Sets the examination papers on the Estonian Constitution and the Citizenship Act.
- Creates possibilities for integration of non-Estonian-speaking population and support relevant integration processes.
- Makes layouts and copies of the national standardised tests and examination materials
- Issues certificates of the national external school leaving examinations, the Estonian language proficiency examinations, examinations on the Estonian Constitution and the Citizenship Act.
The biggest unit in Foundation Innove:
- 45 employees + about 2200 external experts (state exam compilers, assessors etc)
- 5 divisions:
- Language division
- Language Immersion division
- Curriculum and Test division
- Examination Administration division
- International Research and Analysis division
- 3 ESF programs:
- Preparation of Study Materials for Students with Special Educational Needs
- Raising the Qualifications of General Education Teachers
- Improving the Quality of Education through Internal and External Evaluation System