The Estonian language proficiency examination papers can be reviewed by the examinee and other persons upon reasonable request within five years after the examination has been taken. The completed tests can only be reviewed at Innove. The tests are not to be given out.
To review the completed tests of the examination, you need submit a application:
- Examinee’s application for reviewing their own examination test
- Third person’s application for reviewing an examination test
The hard copy of application may be left at our information desk (M-F 8:30–17:00) or sent to us by post: Lõõtsa 4, 11415 Tallinn.
- The applications received will be reviewed at the first opportunity, but no later than within 30 working days.
- The applicant will be notified about the time when they can review the examination test.
- In case the person who has filed the application has no right to review the completed tests, the examination centre will inform the person of the fact within 30 working days.
When coming to review the test, please provide us with an ID. Authorised representatives need to present an unattested proxy and a copy of the authorising person’s ID as well as his or her own ID.
Procedure for reviewing the completed test:
- One person having filed an application may review the Estonian language proficiency examination paper at a time.
- The examination paper is reviewed in a special room in Innove, in the presence of our employee.
- While reviewing the Estonian language proficiency examination paper, you are not allowed to write comments, make corrections or add or underline anything. The examination paper may not be taken out of the office.
- Upon request, the examination test grading guide is also available for reviewing.
- If you would like additional explanations concerning the grading, you can send Innove your questions and a relevant specialist will provide explanations in writing within 30 days after receiving the questions.
- The procedure for reviewing an examination paper is described here (in Estonian).
Contesting the results of the examination
If you are not not satisfied with the result of the proficiency examinations, you have the right to file a challenge with the Ministry of Education and Research for the review of your examination result. The challenge must be filed within thirty days after being communicated the examination result.
A proficiency examinations challenge committee shall be formed whose membership shall be approved by a directive of the Minister of Education and Research. The challenge committee shall review a filed challenge within 30 days after the receipt thereof and pass one of the following resolutions:
- to dismiss the challenge;
- to satisfy the challenge and where necessary, issue a precept to the head of the agency issuing certificates of proficiency in the Estonian language, to issue a certificate of proficiency in the Estonian language.
Additional information on filing a challenge: Ministry of Education and Research.