The general aim of the project is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system in Moldova using a twinning approach. (Twinning projects bring together public sector expertise from EU Member States and beneficiary countries with the aim of achieving concrete mandatory operational results through peer to peer activities.)
The objectives of the project are:
- Improvement of Quality Assurance mechanisms for VET and LLL at all levels of education;
- Enhancement of capacities at VET provision level for cooperation with the private sector
Project activities: The twinning activities mostly consist of peer-to-peer discussions, seminars, on-the-job training and consultations in order to support the beneficiary in its development. All project partnersare involved in all activities as a team in order to maximise the use of the twinning approach.
Planned results and outcomes:
1.1. Institutional and operational capacities and staffcompetencies of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research (ANACEC) are strengthened;
1.2. National Qualification Framework of the Republic of Moldova is further implemented;
2.1. Capacities for effective cooperation between VET providers and the private sector are built;
2.2. VET teachers of Centres of Excellence become multipliers through pedagogical training;
- Member State Lead Partner: Finland represented by Omnia
- Member State Junior Partners: Foundation Innove (Estonia) MOSTA, the Research and Higher Education Monitoring and Analysis Centre (Lithuania);
- Finnish collaborators: FINEEC, the Finnish Education Evaluation Council; the City of Espoo.
Beneficiary: Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova.
Project period: 01.03.2019-31.05.2021
Funding: European Commission, EU funded budget 1,300,000 EUR