This module shares Estonia’s experience in learning and teaching ICT (information and communication technology).
Estonia is one of the first examples of a functioning e-society in the world, and this requires digitally competent citizens. The integration of ICT into the teaching and learning process provides students with competencies for surviving in a changing world. This module provides an overview of the Estonian experience of using ICT in learning and teaching.
In this module you will:
- see what role ICT plays in Estonian educational strategies;
- learn about Estonia’s experiences of teaching ICT in schools;
- find out about the digital competence of our teachers and students;
- experience digital learning resources;
- explore the e-Schoolbag portal;
- evaluate digital skills using the online tool Digital Mirror;
- learn what Estonian teachers use at school to teach coding and robotics and how they integrate this into the curriculum.
Duration: 2.5 hrs