This module provides insights about efficient management of EU funds in Estonia.
The efficient and effective management of EU funds has had its impact on the success of reforms and innovation in the education and employment sectors.
Innove has been implementing EU Structural Funds (European Social Fund, ESF and European Regional Fund, ERDF) for 13 years. During this time up to 99% of the allocated Funds were used in the education sector.
During the 2014–2020 programming period, Estonia will receive 4.4 billion euros in the form of EU Structural Funds (ESF and ERDF), and Innove is one of the largest organisations managing the following:
- 505 million euros (more than 90% allocated to Estonia) of ESF assistance. This is organised in close cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Research, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Culture. The areas covered include: education, labour market and employment support.
- 241 million euros of ERDF assistance for reorganising the Estonian school network and developing resources for students with special educational needs (SEN). This is carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Research.
In this module you will:
- see how EU Structural Funds are managed in Estonia with a focus on education and labour market measures;
- look at the simplification of the management procedures during the current programming period: success stories and challenges;
- learn how to develop user-friendly management and control systems;
- find out about the preparation of simplified control procedures based on risk assessment;
- look at best practices in developing open calls for projects.
Duration: 1–1.5 hrs