This module provides an overview of the development and implementation of VET reforms in Estonia since 1995.
The economic system in Estonia has changed due to the transition from the Soviet system to a market economy. With the changed socio-economic conditions, vocational education and training (VET) underwent the most radical reforms, also involving the creation of new legal acts.
Innove has played a key role in implementing educational reforms by developing national curricula, supporting vocational schools in the development of school curricula, coordinating the creation of teaching and learning materials and organizing capacity building for teachers and school leaders.
We work closely with VET schools and employer organizations, ensuring the quality of education and its correspondence to the labour market. Nowadays, Estonian VET schools can be proud of their modern infrastructure and technology, flexible provision for all age groups, renewed curricula and highly qualified teachers.
This module provides an overview of the Estonian experience of reforming VET since 1995.
You will learn about:
- the principles and main steps of reforming VET;
- the structure and formal qualifications in VET;
- optimizing the VET institutional network;
- developing the curricular framework and its clear link to the labour market;
- supporting students with special educational needs (SEN);
- quality assurance in VET – how the system has evolved;
- work-based learning at VET institutions and enterprises (apprenticeships);
- the system for monitoring and anticipating labour force and skills needs – OSKA;
- the image of VET and how to improve it, including EuroSkills and WorldSkills;
- current challenges.
Duration: 1,5 hrs
PS! You have an unique opportunity to obtain a glimpse inside 31 Estonian vocational schools (including buildings, machine parks, specialist departments and overall atmosphere) through virtual tours. Find out more about the school you are interested in and the opportunities offered there by taking an online tour HERE!