Overall objective: to reform and modernize the Vocational Education Training (VET) system in Ukraine to contribute to sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development via better economic governance, increased diversification and higher labour productivity.
- To enhance effectiveness of VET reform
- To improve quality and attractiveness of VET for both female and male learners, and to increase its relevance to the labour market needs
- To optimize and modernize the VET infrastructure network
Estonia is represented in the consortium by the Education and Youth Authority
The aim is to support the implementation of vocational education reforms in Ukraine through Estonia’s experience and counselling.
- In cooperation with Ukrainian partners, the vocational education part of the Ukrainian Education Information System (EMIS) will be developed, including trainings and training materials
- Estonian experts will advise and conduct trainings on optimizing the network of state vocational education institutions in Ukraine, change management will be supported in the 7 pilot areas of the programme
- Advising on the development of 3-5 national vocational education curricula, taking into account the “blended learning” methodology
- Participation in the implementation of the programme`s communication plan
Programme period: 1.04.2020-31.03.2023
Programme partners: The program is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as a lead partner. Other partners are the Finnish Board of Education (EDUFI) and the Polish Solidarity Fund (PSF)
The project is funded by the European Union and 4 member countries: Germany, Poland, Finland and Estonia. The Estonian project is co-financed by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds of development cooperation and humanitarian aid.’