The project is a follow-up activity of achievement of the goals of the “Estonian experience to support Ukrainian vocational education reforms in Volyn oblast” project that was conducted in 2016-2018 .
The aim of the project is to support implementation of VET reforms in Ukraine through continuation of the cooperation with the local government and VET schools of Volyn oblast. The model of the VET reform that has been developed and implemented in Volyn oblast is introduced in Hmelnitsky and Rovnen oblasts.
Activities planned within the project:
- Updating of the development plans of pilot schools in cooperation between Ukrainian and Estonian VET schools;
- Conducting of three training seminars for VET teachers and school principals of the pilot schools;
- Conducting of two seminars in Hmelnitsky and Rovnen oblasts in order to introduce the model of the VET reform;
- Traineeship in partner schools of Estonia for officials, VET teachers and school principals of the Ukrainian oblasts;
- Conducting of eight master-classes in the Ukrainian pilot schools in order to introduce the modern methodology of teaching;
- Providing the pilot schools with support in the process of updating of curricula/modules.
Innove role in the project is to share the best practices of Estonian VET, to conduct the planned trainings and seminars as well as to organize efficient cooperation of the project partners, including 15 VET schools.
Project period: 1.09.2018–28.02.2020
Project partners: the oblast government of Volyn oblast, seven VET schools from Estonia and eight VET schools from Ukraine, Ministries of Education and Research of the both countries. The project participants from Estonia are: Olustvere School of Service and Rural Economics, Tallinn School of Service, Tallinn Lasnamäe School of Mechanics, Valga County Vocational Training Centre, Ida-Viru Vocational Education Centre, Tallinn School of Construction as well as Vana-Vigala Technical and Service School.
The project is financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia within the frames of the Estonian Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid.